Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Very First Blog!

I really have no idea how I'm going to keep up with blogging, with a full time job and law school, but maybe for those rants that won't fit on the "status update" of Facebook, I can let loose on here and let the world have it.

Thanks Sara Rodrigues, for urging me to start a blog. Since I do travel from time to time, it will be a good way to keep track of my trips as well.

I stopped journaling several years ago, and haven't picked it up because of the chore of "catching up with myself", so if I'm going to do this, I'm just going to have to start right here, not yesterday, or last year.

I do have a story from this morning though.

I was walking to work with my stroller bag, and was walking through the Downtown Plaza mall from my apartment, as I do everyday, when I noticed a boy without arms (or arms that were tucked into his big, oversized baby blue t-shirt) with a mop of brown, curly hair, walking in the same direction as me.

It was about 8:15am or so, which means I was early going to work, so I took my time walking and strolling my bag behind me.

About halfway through the mall, I glanced at my reflection in the glass window of Lids, the hat store. That's when I noticed this boy coming right at me and he cornered me against the glass with a stern, almost angry look on his face. Wide-eyed, I shrieked, Holy heck! You scared the crap out of me!

He just stared. The corners of his mouth were turned downward, and he just kept staring me into my face with angry eyes. But he didn't say a word.

I clutched my heart, and asked, What do you want?
My heart wouldn't stop pounding.

Then he just turned and walked away.

What the heck was that all about?
I didn't know. I did, however, run through the rest of the mall to get to work, hoping to spot a security guard of some sort. Finally, right before leaving the mall grounds, I saw a young man with the words "private security" on his sleeves. I walked over to him and told him what happened. He said he would go check it out. I told him, the boy couldn't have been older than 16 or 17. But he freaked me out.

I went to work, wondering what it is he wanted. Money? Attention? Kind words? I don't know, but it was concerning. I didn't like the way he rushed at me, but it hurt to see such sadness and anger in his face. I remember looking after him, trying to decide if he was homeless or just a kid who needs to wash his clothes.

The saddest thing is that he was just a kid. I hope he's ok.

So that's my story for today.
I'm glad I started a blog today.

1 comment:

  1. That's really strange. I know he's just a kid but you've got to be careful!

    ReplyDelete