Tuesday, November 22, 2011

gift searching for my dad's 60th


My brother and I are having the hardest time finding the right gift(s) for my dad. So far, we've thought of a motorcyle complete with motercycle lessons, a puppy, or an expensive watch, reservations on a pheasant farm so he can hunt, luxury hotel room for two for the weekend in Tahoe, a macbook pro, karaoke machine... the list goes on.

So far he's said no to pretty much most of the things on this list. Either that, or my mom doesn't want us to "encourage" him. For one reason or another, nothing seems quite right. Plus, he is impossible to please. I think so far, he's settled on going skeet shooting the morning of his birthday. My brother and I are still trying to figure out what else to do. I already purchased an original art piece from our artist friend, Bernard Treanton, but we are looking for more.

While looking for a possible puppy to adopt, both of our hearts broke. There are some really cute puppies out there without a home. My heart hurts when I look through their pictures. Who would abandon these beautiful animals? It's sick.

After my whole episode with Rufus, I vowed I will never get another pet for as long as I live. It just hurts too much when you lose them. No one will know the bond I had with Rufus. That rabbit was my son. Nothing will ever compare to the love I shared with Rufus.


But seeing these websites full of so many dogs that need homes, I can't just sit here and do nothing. It's seriously worth buying a house if I can have one of these puppies to come home to. All my problems would be solved. Something to think about...

If anyone has any genius ideas for a 60 year old birthday boy, please let me know. His birthday is this Saturday, and we're running out of time!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Omg they are all so adorable!! Having a new animal friend doesn't take away from your old one :) but I understand, it's rough.

    I have no idea about the gift. Maybe tickets to a comedy club and a restaurant gift card to use before the show? Guys are so toughhh

    ReplyDelete