Friday, November 18, 2011

update on this and that

With only one more official night of class left to go, the anxiety of finals has hit me hard. Here is my game plan for the next two weeks:

1) update my outlines for all of my classes and commit them to memory
2) take 4- 6 more practice exams or until I run out of practice exams per class (I've already done two for each class)
3) finish making flashcards and commit those to memory
4) read again my supplement books
5) try to stay alive



Even though I shudder at the thought of the next two weeks, I know that it will go by fast, and I have some fun things to look forward to. Things like, another Thanksgiving dinner with my loving family, my 4th marathon, a concert with my brother, holiday shopping, and planning for our trip to Honduras. So I have to go hard for a few more weeks and then I will be free to enjoy a month of relaxation and fun before the next semester starts. And I refuse to think about what that will be like.

A friend told me at work today that I am high strung. He's probably right. I'm high strung now because there is so much going on. The next 3 years of my life looks so bleak right now, I can't see the light at the end of this tunnel yet. And, I am depriving myself of frozen yogurt so I just want to throw tantrums all the time. Either that, or go to sleep so no one has to hear me bitch. It's sad.

I was on my eliptical machine today and started staring at the stack of books sitting in a corner that I never got to touch after starting law school. As I moved back and forth on the machine, drenched in sweat all over my face and body, I stared longingly at those piles of books. I imagined reaching out and touching the cover of it, and smelling the smell of old pages, and feeling the weight of the book in my hands. I miss leisure reading so much. Three more years. If I play my cards right. Three more years....

1 comment: